Upcoming Events ← Back to full list
Dates & Times:
College Day for CoSA Seniors and Juniors!December 12, 2015
CoSA Foundation Presents:
CoSA Art College Workshop
When: December 12, 2015 from 11:00am-2:00pm
Where: Coronado High School
Cost: $20.00 per student + $50 if attending MTD workshop (see below). Register at artcollege.eventbrite.com.
What: Workshop offered to all CoSA junior and senior students and families to educate and support them with Art College or Art Program Applications, Auditions, and Portfolios. The morning will consist of a panel discussion with representatives from schools including Laguna College of Art and Design, Relativity, San Diego State University, FIDM, and more!
A light lunch will be provided, then followed by afternoon breakout sessions with reps to ask conservatory specific questions and receive reviews of student work.
FOR MTD Students: At 2:00pm, there will an Audition Broadway Master Class taught by actress Michelle Loucadoux, she is also a program director of Musical Theatre and Commercial Dance at Relativity School in Los Angeles. There will be an additional charge of $50.00 to participate in the class.
HOW: To register, please contact Julia Greig email@example.com
Come prepared and get your questions about applying to college answered! Topics to be addressed:
- How important are academics when applying to art programs?
- What should students highlight in their essays?
- What do art programs look for?
- What makes a well-rounded portfolio?
- What are guidelines for theater auditions?
- How are art college applications different than traditional college apps?
- What is the employment rate for college grads of most universities?