Open the door to your future in the arts! Apply to CoSA for the 2016-17 school year. Here are important dates and information about CoSA’s application, audition/interview, acceptance and registration process.
Admission Schedule for the 2016-2017 School Year
|November 12, 2015||CoSA Open House for Prospective Students*||6-7:30 pm|
|January 28, 2016||CoSA Prospective Student Workshop*||6-7:30 pm|
|February 5, 2016||
Application Deadline – Early Decision (Applications received
|February 27, 2016||Audition/Portfolio Review Day (specific time assigned to each student)|
|March 11, 2016||CoSA sends notice of Acceptance status (on or around this date)|
|April 5, 2016||Due Date for Student Acceptance of Offer to Join CoSA|
|Summer 2016||CoSA Summer Intensives (Optional workshops in the arts)|
*There is no need to register for these events.
Step One: Complete a CoSA application for the 2016-17 school year.
Please apply to only one conservatory. Each conservatory’s application is unique to that conservatory, but ALL applications must contain the following four parts:
|Part I:||Application for specific conservatory|
|Part II:||Proof of Grades and Attendance Record|
|Part IV:||Evaluation from arts professional or teacher|
Applications for the 2016-17 school year are below. Please print out and mail, scan or drop off at CoSA office.
- Classical & Contemporary Dance
- Digital Arts: Animation, Graphic Design, Filmmaking, Broadcast, Game Design
- Instrumental Music: Brass, Jazz, Strings, Wind, Percussion, Piano, Guitar
- Musical Theatre & Drama
- Technical Theatre (Stage Management, Set Design/Build, Lighting Design, Costumes, etc.)
- Visual Art
Step Two: Send the COMPLETE application packet to:
Admissions, Coronado School of the Arts
650 D Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Your application will not be reviewed until it is complete (all four parts have been received). Please do not send portfolios, CDs or other materials with your application. You are responsible for submitting Parts I, II and III (the application, proof of grades and attendance, and essay). Please make sure your arts professional or teacher has sent your evaluation (Part IV).
When your application is complete, you will receive an email with the time of your audition/portfolio review.
Step Three: Prepare for your audition and/or portfolio review.
There are several things you can do to prepare for your audition and/or portfolio review and interview:
- Come to the Prospective Student Workshop on January 28, 2016 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Carefully review the “Interview, Portfolio and/or Audition Tips” provided at the end of each application form.
- Prepare your portfolio with materials that portray your talent and abilities (if you are required to bring a portfolio).
- Practice your audition song and monologue (if applicable).
- Role-play an interview situation with your parents or friends or a teacher.
Step Four: Come to your Audition or Portfolio Review and Interview.
Be on time. Please give us the courtesy of notification if your plans change or you need to reschedule your interview time.
Step Five: You will be notified of your acceptance status.
Prospective students will be notified by approximately March 11, 2016. Your acceptance status will be one of the following:
- Accepted, Accepted to CoSA and space for you is reserved at Coronado High School
- Not Accepted
- Conditionally Accepted, Accepted to CoSA, however you are put on a Wait List pending space availability in Coronado Unified School District and Coronado High School. (You cannot attend CoSA unless space opens up at CHS.)
Step Six: Please accept or decline your admission to CoSA as soon as possible.
We must have your acceptance by no later than April 5, 2016 or you may forfeit your admission to CoSA. If you decline, please notify us by no later than April 5. If you are an inter-district transfer student and you accept, you will need to obtain paperwork to transfer from your district. Information on that process will be included in your Acceptance letter.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account