- Celebrating 25 Years
- Request Performances or Services from CoSA Students
- CoSA Foundation
- Summer Intensives July 2021
- Facilities and Theatre Rentals
- Caught You Being Awesome
Students accepted to CoSA’s Digital Arts conservatory focus on one of four strands:
- Graphic Design – computer imagery, typography, graphic arts, web design, and photography
- Filmmaking – using film to tell stories, events or news, from concept to screenwriting to production or broadcast
- Animation – computerized drawing, software manipulation, character and story development, production of an animated story
- Game Design
The four-year curriculum sequence includes not only design elements and principles of art, but also business skills, portfolio building, a senior project and internship opportunities. Classroom study is complemented by field trips and industry guest speakers. A key component of the conservatory experience is assessment by a jury of faculty and professionals at the end of each semester.
Classrooms are comprised of work stations with state-of-the-art Apple computers, a video broadcast studio, video-editing capabilities, smart boards and other equipment and technology to help students graduate from the program with industry certifications.
Students have many opportunities to exhibit their work, both at school and in public festivals and events. CoSA’s “Horror Film Night” at Halloween has become an Islander tradition; in addition, CoSA students exhibit at our annual Digital Media Expo, Photography Exhibit and Film & Animation Extravaganza.