Applications for 2018-19 School Year
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS: APPLY BY MAY 25.
Coronado School of the Arts
Open the door to your future in the arts! Apply to Coronado School of the Arts for the 2018-19 school year. Any rising 9th grade (currently in 8th grade) or high school student in San Diego County is invited to apply to CoSA; about one-half of our students are from various school districts throughout the County.
Submit the two-part form in the application to be considered for 18-19
CoSA Summer Intensives (Optional workshops in the arts)
Step One: Complete a CoSA application for the 2018-19 school year. Links to these applications are below.
Please apply to only one conservatory. Each conservatory’s application is unique to that conservatory, but ALL applications must contain the following four parts:
|Part I:||Application for specific conservatory|
|Part II:||Proof of Grades and Attendance Record|
|Part IV:||Evaluation from arts professional or teacher|
Applications for the 2018-19 school year are below.
Step Two: Send the COMPLETE application packet to:
Admissions, Coronado School of the Arts
650 D Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Your application will not be reviewed until it is complete (all four parts have been received). Please do not send portfolios, CDs or other materials with your application. You are responsible for submitting Parts I, II and III (the application, proof of grades and attendance, and essay). Please make sure your arts professional or teacher has sent your evaluation (Part IV).
When your application is complete, you will receive an email with the time of your audition/portfolio review.
Step Three: Prepare for your audition and/or portfolio review.
There are several things you can do to prepare for your audition and/or portfolio review and interview:
- Come to the Prospective Student Preview Assembly on January 23, 2018 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Carefully review the “Interview, Portfolio and/or Audition Tips” provided at the end of each application form.
- Prepare your portfolio with materials that portray your talent and abilities (if you are required to bring a portfolio).
- Practice your audition song and monologue (if applicable).
- Role-play an interview situation with your parents or friends or a teacher.
Step Four: Come to your Audition or Portfolio Review and Interview on .
Be on time. Please give us the courtesy of notification if your plans change or you need to reschedule your interview time.
Step Five: You will be notified of your acceptance status.
Prospective students will be notified by approximately June 16, 2018. Your acceptance status will be one of the following:
- Accepted, Accepted to CoSA and space for you is reserved at Coronado High School
- Not Accepted
- Conditionally Accepted, Accepted to CoSA, however you are put on a Wait List pending space availability in Coronado Unified School District and Coronado High School. (You cannot attend CoSA unless space opens up at CHS.)
Step Six: Please accept or decline your admission to CoSA as soon as possible.
We must have your acceptance by no later than June 25, 2018 or you may forfeit your admission to CoSA. If you decline, please notify us by no later than April 5. If you are an inter-district transfer student and you accept, you will need to obtain paperwork to transfer from your district. Information on that process will be included in your Acceptance letter.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account